We at the Vanca hold our core values very dearly.
We believe in care for nature, whatever we wear reflects our inner self, our personality.
We have been working with International firms since 2018 on sustainability. It has been a very enriching journey to understand the mindset of customers and based on feedback from them we have been improving on our value offerings. International market has already moved towards sustainability, less wastage, non usage of harmful chemicals, water saving mechanism, forestry council etc. It’s time we embark on this journey in our country as well.
We partnered in this initiative and have worked very closely with our buyers, supply chain partners, sourcers and have fine tuned our working very much. We have taken great care to ensure very high quality garments at affordable prices. We would like our customers to graduate and love our sustainable products and initiatives without having to think too much.
We are working with a lot of agencies to ensure we have the required certifications and we embark on a mission of continuous improvement. We have most of the certifications and approvals in place. Our work environment is very ethical and has all social compliances.
The Vanca has taken a very conscious step in working toward sustainability and is committed to reducing its carbon footprint. All the firm’s upstream processes are being re-engineered in a manner that will help a swift progression toward manufacturing green and eco-friendly garments. We are taking definite steps towards achieving a zero carbon footprint identity through various process improvements such as a zero waste policy, 100% solar energy usage in its offices and manufacturing establishments, processes and products with social compliance (Sedex certification), and complete traceability and sustainability management of fabric sourcing and manufacturing.
We are now poised to re-engineer and align our downstream processes toward circularity and closed loop processes with the active involvement of our downstream partners and our trusted customers.
We will be focusing on encouraging our customers to use our finely designed soft and skin friendly garments as much as possible before deciding to discontinue their use. We will be motivating our customers to sell the discarded garments back to The Vanca.
The Vanca Rebuy Policy: If our value-conscious customers have purchased these garments from any of our partner websites, we offer a first-of-its-kind “The Vanca Rebuy” through an easy 2-step process:
- STEP 1: The customer can check the wash care label for a “Sustainable Logo” confirming that the product can be sold back to The Vanca. There will be a QR code – which when scanned will take them to The Vanca – Rebuypage. here the customer will proceed to upload their digital purchase invoice and The Vanca will confirm a 20% value of the purchase price as a Sustainability Bonus. This amount will be credited through The Vanca site for future transactions by the customer.
- STEP 2: The Vanca will confirm to the customer the reverse logistics pick up details and once the product is picked up for sending back to The Vanca, the loop will be closed.
What will we do with the post-usage products that come back to The Vanca?
These products will be recycled or upcycled. The products that come back to The Vanca under the Rebuy scheme will be handled in very specific ways. Once we receive the returned garments they will be repurposed as follows:
- 30% to our partner NGOs – after proper washing and refinishing
- 30% will be upcycled and sold back from our website (www.thevanca.com/used)
- 40% will be sent for recycling to our partner recycling units which will convert them into home accessories such as cushions, rugs, coasters, footmats, and similar other products.
Additional certification and work in progress:
- Solar Installation: Our warehouse uses renewable energy and has solar panels which are self sufficient in the energy requirement.
- We will ensure that all our fabrics are sourced from sustainable environment like
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international non-profit, multi-stakeholder organization established in 1993 to promote responsible management of the world’s forests. The FSC does this by setting standards on forest products, along with certifying and labeling them as eco-friendly.
Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) … The Better Cotton Standard System is a holistic approach to sustainable cotton production which covers all three pillars of sustainability: environmental, social and economic.
- Sustainable cotton
is therefore grown in a way that can maintain levels of production with minimal environmental impact, can support viable producer livelihoods and communities, and can do so in the face of long-term ecological constraints and socioeconomic pressures.
- Non harmful chemical usage
We have been using non harmful dyes, textiles and fabrics are free of harmful chemicals and are safe for human use.
How do we plan to be sustainable as a brand
- Our brands will have 2 levels of sustainability.
- All products / styles of Vanca which are sustainable will be tagged under its sub brand – Vanca -Eco
- Maternity wear will also have sustainable range – starting with 60-70% eventually moving on to become 100% sustainable.
- Our new collection – approx 40+15 styles which will be send for catalogue today are all 100% sustainable
- All products which are sustainable will have a label (attached with wash care) with sustainable stamping of ours and a QR code for returns initiation.
- We would encourage our customers to sell the clothes back to us after proper usage so we can get them processed and also close the circularity loop.
- We want our product to be 100% sustainable from source to post usage
- We will recycle these products with our recycling partners
- Our brands will have 2 levels of sustainability.
- Product attributes
- Sustainable material
- Skin friendly and harmless chemicals
- MInimal water usage during all the stages of production
- Following norms of FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), BCI(Better Cotton Initiative), Sedex( Supplier Ethical Data Exchange, it is a non-profit organization and introduces to drive ethical business practices. Sedex helps to maintain ethical information in a simple and effective manner)
- Functional – for easy nursing
- Renewal solar energy at warehouse and office space
- Sustainable packaging
- Process and social compliance (Sedex certification)
The Vanca Group believes in the holistic development of brand, people and society. We understand our corporate social responsibility and have aligned our goals so that we contribute towards the betterment of our society as a whole. Our mission is to make sure that no matter what we do, we do it thoughtfully, compassionately and responsibly. Some of our major concerns and areas of focus include:
- Lead by example in all spheres of business, practicing closed loop cycle for minimising wastage and reducing carbon footprint.
- Work with ethical organizations for circularity, donation, upcycle and minimisation at each and every step.
- Create complete sustainable business processes
- Promote and practise ethical working practices, social compliances, and genuineness.
- Understand the social impact we as an organisation have.